Tired of the same old, uninspiring red-and-white cooler? Well, it’s time to take your fall festivities up a notch with a twist that’s as cool as it gets – your very own pumpkin beer cooler! In this article, we will guide you through the steps of making a pumpkin cooler that not only keeps your beverages chilled but also adds a festive touch to your gatherings.
Before you start, gather the following materials:
- A medium to large-sized pumpkin
- A marker
- A sharp knife or pumpkin carving tools
- A large spoon or scoop
- A bowl to collect pumpkin guts
- Your favorite Two Roads Beverages
- Choose the Right Pumpkin: Begin by selecting a pumpkin that is clean, firm, and free from any visible damage or blemishes. The size of the pumpkin will determine how many beverages it can hold, so choose one that suits your needs.
- Plan Your Design: Using a marker, draw a circle on the top of the pumpkin, around the stem. This circle will serve as the opening for the cooler. Make sure the circle is large enough to comfortably reach inside the pumpkin to remove the insides and add ice.
- Cut the Lid: Carefully cut along the marked circle with a sharp knife or pumpkin carving tools. Angle your cuts slightly inward to create a lid that can be easily placed back on the pumpkin later.
- Remove the Insides: With the lid removed, use a large spoon or scoop to scoop out the seeds and stringy pulp from the pumpkin. Be thorough in cleaning the interior so that it’s ready to hold ice and beverages.
- Rinse and Dry: Rinse the inside of the pumpkin with cold water to remove any remaining pumpkin guts. Afterward, allow the pumpkin to air dry or pat it dry with paper towels.
- Fill with Ice: Place a generous amount of ice inside the cleaned pumpkin. You can use crushed ice, ice cubes, or even reusable ice packs to keep your drinks cold.
- Add Your Beverages: Carefully place your preferred beverages into the pumpkin, on top of the ice. This can include soda cans, bottled drinks, or even wine and beer bottles. Make sure not to overfill the pumpkin; leave some space for the ice to surround the drinks.
- Replace the Lid: Gently place the pumpkin’s lid back in position. Ensure it fits snugly to prevent heat from entering and melting the ice too quickly.
- Display and Enjoy: Your pumpkin cooler is now ready to be displayed at your autumn gatherings or Halloween parties. It not only keeps your drinks cool but also serves as a charming centerpiece.
- Maintain Temperature: To maintain the cool temperature, periodically check and replenish the ice as needed. Depending on the weather and the size of your pumpkin, the ice may melt over time.
If you try it – be sure to snap a picture and tag @tworoadsbrewing on Instagram for a chance to be featured.