crossroads. coffee x Two Roads Brewing Co. Roadsmary’s Baby Dutch Apple Pumpkin Pie
Do you know what’s better than just a Roadsmary’s Baby beer? A Roadsmary’s Baby pie. We teamed up with crossroads. coffee in North Haven to create a Dutch Apple Pumpkin Pie made with our signature barrel-aged pumpkin ale.
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this pie at home:
1/2 cup of one FLAT (let the beer sit out for roughly 30 min.) Roadsmary’s Baby Ale
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp salt
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Apple Pie Filling:
1 sheet of prepared pie dough
2 thin sliced and PEELED baking apples
1/4 cup Roadsmary’s Baby Beer caramel
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 can of pumpkin puree (15oz)*
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
Streusel Crumb Topping:
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup of MELTED butter
3 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
- Start with the BEER CARAMEL: pour flat beer and sugar into a large saucepan and allow mixture to come to a soft boil. Cook mixture, stirring gently until it becomes a golden brown color, once mixture is caramelized stir in heavy cream and salt, whisking regularly to combine. Remove from heat and add in butter and vanilla. Allow the caramel to cool slightly before adding to the Apple Pie filling.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F and prepare a pie dish with cooking spray or butter and pre-made pie dough.
- Into a mixing bowl add the remaining Apple Pie Filling ingredients making sure apples are fully coated, add to prepared pie dish
- In a separate bowl mix together pumpkin pie ingredients until fully combined.
- Pour Pumpkin Pie mix onto Apple Pie filling in your prepared dish.
- For Streusel crumb topping, combine all ingredients in a bowl until large to medium crumbs form.
- Add Streusel crumb to prepared pie dish on top of pie fillings.
- For easy clean up- cover a cookie sheet in aluminum foil or parchment paper and place uncool pie on it.
- Bake in over for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Allow to fully cool before serving.
Apple Filling: use granny smith apples or honey-crisp apples, we used one of each.
Pumpkin Pie: do not use pre-made pie filling; this filling recipe makes a bit more than is needed in the recipe, you can save the remainder in the fridge for about a week, and use for other recipes!
This pie is sure to be a crowd pleaser. It’s also available for purchase at crossroads. coffee! If you try it – be sure to snap a picture and tag @tworoadsbrewing on Instagram for a chance to be featured.