Two Roads is bringing back our “ConnArtists” art contest — We’re reaching out to drinking-age artists from Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Vermont and Pennsylvania to help us celebrate our roots by creating a work of art depicting the scenes, people and places of Connecticut’s history, past and present.
The winner's art will be reproduced and displayed on a 30-foot high fermenter inside the brewery and they will receive $1,000 and a party at the brewery in their honor — where their gigantic art will be unveiled and toasted! Five runners-up will have their art featured at our party and receive a $250 check.
Official Rules and Submission Details
Contest open to residents of CT, RI, MA, NY, NJ, PA and VT who are 21 years and older by October 2, 2015.
Two Roads Brewing (TRB) will accept submissions until 5PM on October 2, 2015.
Entries must be emailed to CONNartists@tworoadsbrewing.com via a file sharing site (such as Hightail) and submitted at 36" x 48" at 600 DPI or 18" x 24" at 1200 DPI.
Entries must be submitted in digital format only. Two Roads Brewing will not accept physical entries.
All artwork must be an original concept of the artist.
- Categories include drawing, painting, photography and sculpture.
- Art should depict subject matter relating to Connecticut's history past and present - including the people, places and products produced in Connecticut.
- Each piece of art will need the following information to accompany it in the body of the email: artist's name, address, date of birth, phone, e-mail, name of piece, materials used, short description of the art and inspiration.
- All artwork submitted may be reproduced by Two Roads Brewing for the purpose of promoting our contest.
- Judging will take place on October 7, 2015.
- Art will be judged by a panel of local artists/designers.
- Judging criteria is as follows: APPEARANCE - Visually attractive, DESIGN - appropriate user of design elements (form, line, color, texture), ORIGINALITY/CREATIVITY, WORKMANSHIP - Good technique/Item appropriately finished, SUBJECT - Item fits into category/theme of contest
- (10) Ten finalists will be chosen and their work will be placed on TwoRoadsBrewing.com for fans to vote from October 19-23, 2015.
- The online voting will close on October 23, 2015 and the winner announced shortly thereafter.
- The unveiling party will be held at Two Roads Brewing, in Stratford, CT on November 18, 2015.
- (1) Grand Prize - Grand Prize Winner's art will be reproduced and displayed on a large 300 barrel fermenter at Two Roads brewery. Grand Prize winning artist will receive $1,000 and be honored at an unveiling party at the brewery on November 18, 2015. Our Grand Prize winner will also get invites for 10 friends to attend.
- (5) First Prizes - 5 First Prize Winners will each receive a $250 check, have their art featured at the unveiling party on November 18, 2015 and receive invites for 5 friends to attend.