Just a mile from our brewery in Stratford, CT is where the world’s first helicopter, piloted and designed by Igor Sikorsky, took off in 1939. His company, Sikorsky Aircraft, is still making helicopters in Stratford to this day.
When we first opened our doors in 2012, we knew we wanted to honor this visionary so we created a very special commemorative beer named “Igor’s Dream”— a Russian Imperial Stout which is an appropriate style given his Russian heritage. Every year over 1,500 people join us in raising our glasses to Igor and his many aviation accomplishments!
10 Things You Need To Know About Igor's Dream Bottle Release
- Ticket sales for bottles will start outside at 9:00 AM! Cash, credit or check accepted.
- Doors to the brewery open at 10:00 AM.
- 744 Express Food Truck will be here at 8:00 AM serving up coffee and breakfast sandwiches.
- Bar opens up at 11:00 AM and 2019 Igor’s Dream and varietals get tapped at noon.
- 2019 Bottles for Sale:
- Igor’s Dream 2019 aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels ($20/bottle, 3 bottles/person)
- Igor’s Dream 2019 aged in Absinthe Barrels ($25/bottle, 1 bottle/person)
- Igor’s Dream 2019 aged in Ruby Port Casks ($25/bottle, 1 bottle/person)
- Vintage Bottle for Sale:
- Igor’s Dream 2017 aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels ($25/bottle, 1 bottle/person)
- Igor’s Dream 2015 aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels ($30/bottle, 1 bottle/person)
- Igor’s Dream 2017 aged in Armagnac Barrels ($35/bottle 1 bottle/person)
- Bottle Sales will end sharply at 2:00 PM!
- Stop by the Vault Room from 12:00 - 2:00PM to check out historical displays by the Sikorsky Historical Archives and CT Air & Space Museum and get your bottles signed by members of the Sikorsky Family and Master Brewer Phil Markowski!
- 10% of all pint sales on Saturday January 26th will be donated to the Sikorsky Historical Archives!
- Head to the company store and purchase raffle tickets for the chance to win an Igor’s Dream Swag Bag! $1.00/ticket, all proceeds benefit the CT Air & Space Museum!